As a real estate professional maintaining your relationship with former clients is important and social media is one of the best ways to do that. According to the National Association of Realtors® 73% of home buyers said they would use the same real estate agent again for a future home purchase or sale. Former clients are also a valuable source of referrals.
However, in order to keep your former clients interested in your social media platforms, your content must consist of more than just photos of your listings. Here are a few ideas to keep your content interesting and engaging for your current, as well as, your former clients:
- Informative Content. As a professional in the field, be the source of reliable information on the real estate market.
- Content Beyond Real Estate. Post about home related information beyond real estate, such as home improvement and interior design ideas.
- Inspirational Content. Quotations, sayings, and inspirational images are hugely popular on social media and always a good source of engagement.
- Interactive Content. Interactive content consists of trivia questions, surveys, polls, quizzes, giveaways, and free downloads.
- Humorous Content. They say laughter is the best medicine and it's also one of the best types of social media content. (Keep it tasteful and respectful of course).
- Curated Content. Curated content is sharing content that is not original to you, but comes from other sources. Make it a habit of linking to good quality curated content.
The key to maintaining a relationship with former clients through your social media platforms is to provide content that is valuable, engaging, and interesting to them. Then, when it comes time to buy or sell again or refer a friend or family member - you'll be the first person they think of.